In 2015 our producer, Brett Tippet, assembled a group of industry professionals around Gippsland to produce a LIVE television program to focus on the music of Gippsland.
Live at Spectrum is broadcast monthly and ran from 2016 to 2019 and garnished great feedback. The team took a break in 2020, just in time for the COVID-19 outbreak to impact the industry.
The show broadcast monthly from Gippsland, Victoria and is filmed in front of a live studio audience. It featured live performances and interviews with music artists from Gippsland, and pre-recorded stories about music related events throughout the greater Gippsland area.
Although the show has produced by a team of volunteers, it is broadcast from a state-of-the-art studio and the production values are remarkably professional.
The concept of Live at Spectrum was unique and ground-breaking. Regarded as Australia’s first regular live streaming broadcast show and therefore an industry leader in the realm of its concept and use of technology.
The producers of the show believe that Gippsland harbours world class music talent and that it should be given a spotlight in a unique way that can reach audiences all over the world. In the short amount of time the show has been airing, it has already achieved this goal and is evolving to become more than a simple music show.
In summary, Live at Spectrum:
• Is broadcast monthly via the internet in a live streaming format across the internet to smart televisions, phones, tablets, computers and other devices.
• Delivers the music of Gippsland to a world-wide audience in a unique format.
• Features a diverse array of artists.
• Features stories about Gippsland and its music community in pre-recorded segments.
• Is professionally and independently produced.
• Uses innovative and developing technologies to deliver its content.
• Is interactive and inclusive.
• Has garnered interest and praise from many media organisations and from the wider music community and its audience.
• Engages with its audience pre and post show to maintain the interest in the show and artists.
• Aims to evolve and diversify as the show develops.
In 2016 we were honoured to be a finalist in the Gippsland Business Awards.
Here’s our 2019 Season Finale, broadcast from the West Gippsland Arts Centre in Warragul.